Just ordered a Proof Copy of the Arcanum. Granted, once Mr. Gunderson completes his editing of the material, and Mr. Hill completes the new artwork I will incorporate that into my files, upload those and… when we are done, order a new Proof Copy.
This first one is to check on some of the original artwork and how it will look (i.e., is the resolution good, are the picture adjustments looking the way I want); it is for my own ability to edit the material; and it is for something to show a few friends to prove that progress is being made. 🙂
If this proof is as good as I hope… the Kickstarter will begin not long after I receive it.
The text of the book, including the bestiary chapter, is complete.
- I have an editor going through the book (e.g., check for errors, typos, inconsistencies)
- I have an artist working to replace the place-holder artwork used in several places (I put in public domain artwork in some places to aid in page layout).
- I am working on the appendices (e.g., charts, forms, designer’s notes, etc.) to bring the book to a state of well-roundness and completeness.
All of this means that the Kickstarter will be coming very soon. As soon as I am two weeks away from launch… I will begin a countdown.
Steven Sechi decided, after many e-mails, that he was not willing to part with the Compleat series… and I can appreciate that. Thanks for giving me the consideration, Steve.
I am currently in negotiations with Stephan Sechi to acquire the rights to The Compleat Adventurer, The Compleat Alchemist, and The Compleat Spellcaster. These three volumes (each at about 40 pages) are the parents of The Arcanum.
- The Compleat Adventurer is a collection of very cool classes such as the Bounty Hunter and the Swordsman.
- The Compleat Alchemist is one of the greatest alchemical systems ever created (most of which ended up in The Arcanum).
- The Compleat Spellcaster is a collection of spells, spell-casting classes, familiars, summoned creatures, and so on.
I already have about 90% of what is in these books in The Arcanum, But I am a compleatist if nothing else.
The upper and lower powers are done. That is, the lower powers are completed as I write this, and the upper powers will be completed today. I completed the Forms section (e.g., inventory sheet, spell cards, character sheet).
- Spirit Creatures (those that are not upper or lower powers)
- A few more notes in the appendices
All in all, I have a week’s worth of work to complete. So I am giving myself a month to complete it. 🙂
This book will be ready soon.