Steven Sechi decided, after many e-mails, that he was not willing to part with the Compleat series… and I can appreciate that. Thanks for giving me the consideration, Steve.
I am currently in negotiations with Stephan Sechi to acquire the rights to The Compleat Adventurer, The Compleat Alchemist, and The Compleat Spellcaster. These three volumes (each at about 40 pages) are the parents of The Arcanum.
- The Compleat Adventurer is a collection of very cool classes such as the Bounty Hunter and the Swordsman.
- The Compleat Alchemist is one of the greatest alchemical systems ever created (most of which ended up in The Arcanum).
- The Compleat Spellcaster is a collection of spells, spell-casting classes, familiars, summoned creatures, and so on.
I already have about 90% of what is in these books in The Arcanum, But I am a compleatist if nothing else.
The upper and lower powers are done. That is, the lower powers are completed as I write this, and the upper powers will be completed today. I completed the Forms section (e.g., inventory sheet, spell cards, character sheet).
- Spirit Creatures (those that are not upper or lower powers)
- A few more notes in the appendices
All in all, I have a week’s worth of work to complete. So I am giving myself a month to complete it. 🙂
This book will be ready soon.
Far too much has happened to me and mine in the time since that last post about the Bestiary section. Know, however, that I have managed to carve out enough time to complete about 25% of the Lower Planar Outsiders — that is, about half of the Demons. I still have the other half of Demons to complete, all of the Devils, and the denizens of the Upper Planes (i.e., Sentinels and Guardians).
Progress is slow (you would not believe my life if I told you, so I will not). But progress continues to be made.
The Giants section of the Bestiary chapter is done. Now working on Outsiders.
If you are keeping score, this means the Bestiary chapter currently has:
- Animals (150 individual creatures, plus rules for vermin and swarms)
- Beasts (22 individual creatures, plus 5 templates that can be attached to any animal or beast, resulting in another 172-860 potential encounters, depending upon how many of those templates are applied)
- Constructs (9 individual creatures)
- Elementals (8 individual creatures)
- Giants (14 individual creatures)
- Humanoids (10 individual creatures, plus rules for Lycanthropy allowing for dozens of potential were-forms with the condition treated as a curse, a disease, and more…)
This means that the Bestiary chapter currently contains 213 individual entries… and templates that can easily push the number of potential encounters to well over 1,000.
What is left is:
- Outsiders (two separate sections: Angels and Sentinels from the upper planes; Demons and Devils from the lower planes)
- Undead (from templates for skeletal and zombified remains, to the willful corporeal and incorporeal undead that populate the nightmares of the mortal races)